- To prepare Development Plans and Orders in consultation
with civil society.
- To assist in the preparation of the National Environment and
- To prepare the National Physical Plan.
- To assess development, subdivision and change of use applications,
restrictive covenants and enquiries on a timely basis.
- To prepare policies and standards to guide and encourage
development activities at the appropriate time with
respect to interalia, location,
form and appearance.
- To bring all arable lands under optimum production.
- To develop and maintain a land use database
- Review and update Settlement Strategy
- Preparation of Development plans :
- urban levels
- Preparation of Development Orders
- Development of standards and policies
- National Environment and Planning Strategy (NEPS)
- Land use planning (existing and proposed)
- Assisting the planning authorities (KSAC, Parish Councils &TCPA)
in assessing sub-divisions and development applications
- Ensure the utilization of arable lands for agricultural purposes